Science and Technology
- Power – They have all of the power technologies of an early space-flight society: Steam, Hydro/Geo/Wind/Solar, Fission, and early Fusion. Their ships have massive fusion engines (massive due to inefficiency).
- Propulsion – Land/Air/Sea/Space vehicles use combustion or micro-fusion, with early gravitics on the space-borne vehicles. They do not have super-luminal propulsion, but the Seekers and the ship have the ability to “shunt” all of the ship’s mass extra-dimensionally, allowing it to have 0 mass, which in turn allows it to approach 99.99% of light speed. The ship must be constructed with “stone” in the framework and have a “mind”. The ship accelerates to its max velocity and then relies upon inertia to maintain the velocity. Once at that velocity, the ship alone can periodically “shunt” to re-establish the velocity and make course corrections.
- Communications – The vast majority of communications are done telepathically, between Kiran, Kiran and the “mind”, and the “minds”. This communication is planetary in scale, instant, and contains more than just verbal, so there has never been a need to develop anything else. They experimented with other methods and have some rudimentary technology in this space, but it’s crude by comparison with the ‘Verse.
- Computing – As with communications, the “stone” provides a centralized, virtually infinite amount of computing power, with direct mind-to-computer interfacing on a planetary level, so there has never been a need to develop technological computing. The Kirann have developed some “stone”-to-technology interfacing but they’ve just scratched the surface of it.
- Life Sciences – The Kirann had wiped out disease on their planet and had done extensive genetic enhancement of the planet and animal life needed for husbandry and farming. They have the ability to regrow lost limbs and failed organs and in many ways have medical science advanced further than the ‘Verse, though not in the fields of cybernetics or robotics. Due to the needs of the Exodus, cloning is also trivial to them, and in combination with the “stones”, they can completely reproduce a Kirann, identical in every way to the original, including thoughts, memories, and emotions. This is not a trivial task, however, and considered poor form to extend one’s life beyond its span, though there are some that do.
- Weapons – Melee weaponcrafting is an artform among the Clan of the Body, much more an art than a necessity in modern times. The Kirann have the normal array of projectile weapons, both manual and chemical/cartridge, though most are used for hunting and very little for war. Some research has been done in energy weapons but none on a practical level and certainly no easily portable ones exist.