- They are naturally “active” as a race, to varying degrees and abilities. They have an entire sub-culture that relies upon this activity, but they also use verbal speech. Communications between each other occur on many different levels: verbal, active, physical/visual, and olfactory. They are a very sensual race and rely heavily on all 4 of these “channels” to communicate meaning, which can make communicating to them complex because while you speak, they are also listening to how you smell, are standing, and feeling, often creating unintended meaning and subtexts in the conversation.
- Because of the intimate and broad nature of their communications, lying and dissimilation are uncommon among the Kirann. There are those that are skilled in masking their thoughts and true meaning, but it is very difficult to deliberately misrepresent these things, so open trust is often the default mode of behavior among the Clans.
- The Kirann have written and spoken language, though a great deal of the communication is mental. Verbal is most often used to communicate facts or data, mental for ideas, concepts and emotions. If a Kirann goes blind, they communicate by touch and mental. The same if one goes deaf. Their range is far shorter than Ivy’s, but their abilities are significantly more refined.
- The Kirann live for 350 years, on average.
- Their world looked a little like Earth, though larger, with a higher gravity, and less water (roughly 45%). Vast arid plains, grasslands, and wooded areas. Huge mountain ranges and a great deal of tectonic activity. They built very few sky scrapers, focusing more on broad buildings, lots of underground structures, and more spread out.
- They are very family/clan focused, do not reproduce quickly or often (.5 children/pairing) but also don’t “leave home” often. It is common for an entire village to consist of the same family.
- They are not focused on population density, more on quality of life. Having 1,000’s or more Kirann in one area is very rare. They prefer wide open spaces over dense structures.